Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Today I'm Sick with Mafua

Dear Mom,

Don't be alarmed. It's not malaria. And it's not ebola. It's mafua. I think it might be like a cold or a flu but let's be real, this stuff doesn't translate particularly well. During the day I'm high as a kite on DayQuil provided from the kind American students. But at night, I've subjected myself to traditional medicines of the Chagga tribe (my Mama's good ideas).

So that means I'm eating spoonfuls of garlic, honey and ginger.

And I'm only aloud to eat lukewarm fruit.

And when I talk the kids can't stop laughing at my funny voice.

Everyone says you're most homesick when you're sick. Don't worry I'm trucking along just fine. But never in my life have I wanted Ramen as much as I do right now.

2 comments:

  1. Hey - Glad you got over your Mafua. Hope you are enjoying your safari. Really hope your laptop will be working when you get back. - LUVU2

    SUNBEAR

    ReplyDelete